The Research House Clearance Services Inc.
Script Clearance Experts for Film & Television

Music Clearances



Should you require assistance with music clearances, we would be happy to refer you to a music supervisor or specialist who can advise on public domain information, master and synchronization agreements and negotiating with record labels and publishers.

Filmmakers must obtain the necessary synchronization and public performance licenses from copyright owners of music and lyrics. Licenses must also be obtained on pre-recorded music from the owner of the master as well as from the copyright proprietors of the music and lyrics.

The acquisition of licensing rights to existing music is usually expensive and difficult. It is always recommended to use stock music or hire a music composer to score original music over acquiring the rights to use commercially represented music.